Friday, January 8, 2010

All For The Love of a Dishwasher....

Hey all! I've been terrible about blogging. Sorry! Dom's mom came on Sunday and helped me make some curtains for Mason's room. She stayed the night with the intentions of getting up the next morning and putting a few outlets in the kitchen and helping Dom install the dishwasher. THAT turned into a whole lot more! Many of you don't know what our kitchen looked like, but let me just say that there were no upper cabinets and the lower ones were old metal ones that half the paint was scratched off on. The doors didn't stay closed, the sink didn't drain, no garbage disposal, and no dishwasher. We knew coming into this house that the kitchen would be one of the main things we would want to fix. WELL, as they started their supposed to be small project many things were discovered. Dom had to completely bust out the wall behind the sink to remove the pipe all the way down into the basement because of the fact that the pipes were so clogged with grime. Get this, the pipe that drains the sink actually went horizontal! Um how do you drain water sideways? So many years of gunk had built up enough that the sink wouldn't drain. He replaced all that plumbing like a true rock star. Go Dom! Shirley put in several outlets for us... the old kitchen had one. And it was in the middle of a wall that didn't even have access to the cabinets. They tried to remove the drain so they could install the garbage disposal, but we discovered that it was so old it wasn't coming off that sink at all. Soooo..... since all this mess was already here and things weren't going as planned, it was suggested that we just do it and do it all. So that's exactly what they did! After 3 solid days of non stop work on their part we now have a beautiful kitchen! Complete with all new cabinets, countertop, sink, garbage disposal, dishwasher and outlets! Some of these items came from our old house like the dishwasher and disposal, so we didn't need to buy them. We still have 2 base cabinets to get, but those go on the other side of where our stove is.... so it's not a big deal as of now. It all looks so beautiful! I am now so excited to paint and make this kitchen really ours. I will take and post pics once the entire project is finished. Paint and all. Great job Dom and Shirley. I love it! And best of all.... I no longer have to hand wash my dishes! Yahoooooooooo!!

1 comment:

  1. Cute blog girlie! I wish I could get Danielle to be better about blogging on Gert & Hildi. She's the worst blogger ever!! I feel like I'm all alone there. Lol.

    Come over and see me at this blog, I'm here everyday!

    ♥Spot

    ReplyDelete